Sunday, October 7, 2012

Adventures in #Unprocessed Salad Dressing


Umm ok so I'm not ready to let go of my ranch dressing. And I'm a little worried about the calories involved in using oil as dressing. I'll definitely have to put more thought into this than originally anticipated. I did, however, stumble upon this here "formula for an unprocessed super aweosme salad dressing" on the Eating Rules site:

  • 3 parts high-quality oil – extra virgin olive oil, hemp seed oil, flax seed oil, pumpkin seed oil – get creative! Think outside the olive oil box.
  • 1 part something acidic – vinegar, lemon, lime
  • A dash of salt and fresh ground pepper
  • Some fresh or dried herbs if you’re feeling fancy
At one time in my life I did used to stir up some EVOO, ACV and lemon with Italian seasoning and use it on salad and pasta and I loved it, so this will definitely be my starting point...if I ever get myself psyched up enough to ditch the ranch! **insert anxious face**

No comments:

Post a Comment