Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby!

It's hard to believe that this time last year I welcomed my baby boy and had spent the better part of that year pregnant (read tired, hungry, large, tired, oh and hungry.) I've been absent from my blog for several weeks as this has just been a super busy and emotional time for us as we prepared for the baby's 1st birthday party. Looking back on the day he was born and our year as first time parents was heavy stuff!

I had planned out this long blog post detailing my traumatic birth story, our first few months as new parents, my struggle with breastfeeding, the roller coaster of our relationship as we grew into new life stages, going back to work (kind of!) after maternity leave, and planning G's first birthday party....but I've changed my mind and I'd much rather keep those intimate details between my partner and I.

However, I will say that all seriousness aside, this year has been a BLAST! Everyone says how hard being a parent is, and yeah it has it's moments. It's way harder than say, not being a parent. But, all that hard stuff doesn't even compare to how much fun it is to watch  your child learn and grow and laugh. I've had the time of my life being G's mommy and I'm excited about the year to come!

Here's a pic of us taking a breather at his shindig!







1 comment: