Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thoughts on Running



  • I love seeing other runners while I'm out. I always smile and wave. The ones I see out often I even think about when I don't run. The ones I don't see out often, I think about too.
  • I care if they wave back. 
  • I wonder what kind of run they're having. 
  • Somewhere in between 7-13 minutes I hit my stride. Everything kind of stands still. It's like meditating. I hope to be able to stay in that place all the time someday.
  • I try to plan my runs for distance, hills, etc. I always hate those runs.
  •  I love the ones where I just wing it and take a new route, go out at a different time, listen to some new music. That's when it's really fun and I feel alive!  
  • I love my hydration belt (even though it cost a bazillion dollars).
  • I have no interest in learning about running. I just want to keep doing it.
  • I'd like to try running early in the morning before the sun comes up.
  • Running is the only time that I get where I'm truly alone.
  • I usually have several moments of clarity during a run. I forget them the minute my high comes down. 
  • Sometimes, I pretend that the trees and grass and squirrels and birds and dogs and bushes are all cheering me on. 
  • Even more weird, I sometimes pretend that I've stopped running and the universe is carrying me. (But I really just still be running though.) =/
  • It's super awesome running with a group because of the collective energy. Harness and use it!
  • I ache to GTFU from my desk and run while I'm at work. If I didn't sweat like it was the end of the world I would try to sneak in a light jog on my lunch break.
  • I love even the runs I hate.
  • I run because it's something that I never thought I could do. Who knew all I had to do was do it?! 

1 comment:

  1. Best part is the realization " Who knew all I had to do was do it?! "

    yep, that was a moment of clarity.

    ReplyDelete